Reputation Built on Results
Road Traffic Offence Solicitors in Edinburgh, Kirkcaldy & Livingston
Are you looking for the best Road Traffic Solicitors to defend you on a road traffic or motoring charge?
Adams Whyte Solicitors is a multi-award-winning law firm consistently rated and recommended as one of the leading criminal defence teams across Scotland and the UK.
Our dedicated Road Traffic Department offers specialist road traffic lawyers with decades of combined experience in successfully defending every type of road traffic or motoring offence likely to come before the criminal courts.
Led by Head of Department, Ross Gardner, the central ethos of our specialist Road Traffic Department is to provide exceptional lawyers and exceptional results.
For more information about the types of road traffic or driving charges where you can count on the technical and legal expertise of our motoring offence solicitors, click on any of the criminal offence links further down this page.
You can also use the search facility at the top of this page to search for more information by keyword. And if there are any questions you want to ask us, don’t to hesitate to get in touch now.
At Adams Whyte, we understand the potentially devastating impact of a road traffic charge on the reputation, livelihood and liberty of those we represent.
So, if you’re facing the legal minefield of a road traffic charge, tip the scales in your favour.
Why choose Adams Whyte Road Traffic Solicitors to defend you?
Here are just 5 reasons to choose Adams Whyte:
- We are already the trusted choice of thousands of clients who over the years have relied on the expertise of our motoring law solicitors to deliver for them the best possible result in road traffic cases right across the country.
- For the countless clients who choose Adams Whyte to protect their driving licence, we have an impressively high rate of success and satisfaction.
- Those who recommend or instruct us include individuals from fields as varied as law and policing, to medicine and banking, to sport and entertainment.
- In fighting to keep you on the road, our specialist solicitors provide the highest standards of technical knowledge, forensic analysis, and courtroom advocacy.
- Given the importance of you finding the right lawyer to protect your driving licence, we have the confidence to provide every client with a first, diagnostic consultation, free of charge.
How can we help?
We have an impressive track record in successfully defending clients across the whole range of road traffic offences, including:
- Careless Driving / Death by Careless Driving
- Dangerous Driving / Death by Dangerous Driving
- Drink Driving
- Driving Without Insurance
- Drunk and In Charge of a Motor Vehicle
- Exceptional Hardship
- Failing to Provide a Specimen
- Failing to Name Driver
- Failure to Stop
- Mobile Phone
- New Driver Rules
- Reduce Your Drink Drive Ban By 25%
- Removal of Disqualification
- Special Reasons Not To Disqualify
- Totting Up Bans
In particular, from award-winning lawyers who are legally sharp, mentally agile, and tactically astute, you can count on us to provide the answers you really need to the questions that really matter.
- For example, if the police require you to name the driver of a vehicle, do you have the ‘right to remain silent’, or do you have to answer?
- In a mobile phone case, is the prosecutor able to provide evidence that your phone was being ‘used’ for ‘interactive communication’?
- Is yours a case, such as speeding or drink driving, where the prosecution require to demonstrate that the device used by police was ‘approved’ and measuring properly?
- Have police officers complied with crucial procedure, such as warnings or documentation?
- Was there a genuine emergency which might amount to a defence to a particular road traffic charge?
- Are there any special legal reasons for the court not to endorse your licence or not to disqualify you from driving. For example, on a ‘No Insurance’ charge, were you assured by the owner of the vehicle that you were in fact insured to use it?
- Is your case one where there are ‘mitigating circumstances’ or ‘exceptional hardship’ which would prevent you from facing a ‘totting-up’ ban?
These are just some of the many crucial questions likely to crop up in the legal minefield of road traffic law. And as part of our commitment to delivering the right answers and best solutions, you can count on us to listen carefully, think cleverly and defend you vigorously.
At Adams Whyte, we specialise in results - get in touch now.
What are the costs for our Award-Winning help?
Again, given that the result you want depends on you finding the lawyer you need, we have the confidence to provide every client with a first, diagnostic consultation, free of charge.
Thereafter, depending upon your financial position and the nature of your case, it may be possible to represent you under the Scottish Legal Aid scheme. If, however, Legal Aid is not available or appropriate in your case, we are always happy to provide you with the certainty of a fee agreed in advance, and, if you prefer, usually the reassurance of a fixed fee arrangement, rather than fees based upon each item of work. Further, in certain cases, we are able to provide you the comfort of a payment plan to spread the cost of your legal fees.
Equally, if you have a motor insurance policy or house insurance policy which provides you with cover for the legal costs of defending a motoring prosecution in Scotland, we would always be content to discuss acting for you on this basis. If you are in any doubt as to the terms of cover under any such insurance policy, again, we would be happy to examine the terms of any such policy at your first free consultation.
For lawyers who are fearless in defending and passionate about winning, get in touch now – it’s maybe the smartest choice you’ll ever make.
For more information or to speak to one of our experts please contact us on: